*Please note this ad is a repost
Key Ad Information
-Asking Price: $1,500
-Contact: Derek @ (616) 970-5382
Key Vehicle Data
-Model Year: 1981
-Engine: Not Listed
I bought it on ebay from an individual in MN over seven years ago. Before that it was in WA and that is the extent of its history that I know.
Was my daily driver for six years. I did park it for a couple months most winters. And I enjoyed a few long road trips in it when I had a bed in the back.
A waste veggie oil (WVO) system was put in around 2008. I have used the WVO system off and on, when I could get the oil (the hardest part!). Currently the switch doesn’t work (or the wiring got messed up), so I haven’t used the WVO system for a while. I would guess that new switches are in the $60-80 range.
Has never been a great winter starter (it’s diesel), but last summer I had a mechanic put in new glow plugs and relays it started better last winter.
Major repairs: front ball bearings went out 5-6 years ago. Replaced the transmission last summer (with a used one, don’t know how many miles it had on it).
It has its issues:
– leaks from the sunroof someplace when sitting in a steady rain
– cool specially made topper (by an owner before me) is getting worn. If I end up keeping the truck, I would replace this and get new back window glass
– Needs the back window glass – took it out for WVO and roadtripping and have lost it during my moves
– No tail gate
– Could use new tires
– chipping and fading paint
– break in the exhaust line
– chipped windshield
– poor wipers
– radio doesn’t work (I had disconnected the wiring sometime back and have never put it back)
– bent rear bumper
-one tire is missing a lug nut (hole is stripped)–I’ve never had it in
– Driver seat is torn
– headliner is not attached (when the back glass came out)
– ash tray compartment is broke
-one of the hinges to the glove compartment is busted
– plastic is off of the window turn handle
– driver side window rolls down hard
– brakes are soft (I am used to it)
-it is getting around 36mpg
Trying to be thorough, it will need some money put into it, but still has plenty of potential.
Thanks for looking. Not interested in trades.
Before leaving a comment below please note that some sellers do not check this post regularly. If you have a question for the seller of this truck please use the contact information above to reach the seller directly.